Saturday, April 12, 2008

Time trial result.

King of Burlingame Time trial last weekend was fun, just a bit cold for me.

Course was great, started fast then right into wet rock sections and great single track before opening up a bit and back to techy riding, you hit one short road section and the last slight uphill that lead to the finish line. Pushed it very hard on the final section to make up for some mistakes, harder than I ever have in the past.

About fifty feet past the finish line I just leaned over and threw up a bit, assume it was from that last 1/2 mile, now that was cool! Don't know if that effort would have been given considering my lack of fitness in the past, but Sunday something just made me go harder.

Maybe radiation helped by eradicating useless thought patterns such as "stop, you're going to keel" that works for me.

Hope to see some of you @ Battenkill-Roubax next Saturday, I was out on the road for the first time today and my butt is in deep trouble next weekend.

Oh, I finished 4th in my class (Paul Curley got me again!) and 7th overall at Burlingame TT, no complaints at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job Mike!

I might try Winsted Woods this weekend.

you racing?

bikemike said...

Brian,

I'll be at Battenkill-Roubaix on Saturday so Winsted is out.

Have fun at Winsted Woods, that is a geat race, i'm bummed to miss that one.

Anonymous said...

Jesse G here. You racing the WIndham NY NORBA race in July. IF so best of luck., I will be there being that its my hometown. Glad to see your recovery is going well. Best of luck at Battenkill. It is going to be a great race!

BTW - I love the BMX shots. I have some of my and my little Bro over on my site from the good old days.