Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Got to ride with Gary, great time!!!!

I know posting once a month is lame and it will pick up now, just been a crazy winter. Got to ride with Gary Fisher and Raul last Saturday 3/28/09 and it was just a great time. Gary hammered on the techy trails and enjoyed the ride we got in before heading back to the TREK of Fairfield event. I owe a big "thank you" to Raul for showing us where to go as he knew the area so well, was a great ride.
Raul and Gary

Gary and myself.


I'll have more up about the Gary Fisher ride/day/event in a bit, been busy traveling in and out of NYC the last two days. Monday was at Sloan for an 8 am MRI and headed home from there, I was not even in the driveway before my phone started ringing and I was told to "come back tomorrow" to talk with them.
Back yesterday and new growth has appeared over the last month so time to use something a little nastier or in my thoughts more effective. Funniest part of yesterday's visit was when I said to my doc "lets just get rid of this so I don't have to come back anymore" and he gave me a strange look, don't think people understand that "i ain't going nowhere attitude" sometimes. :)

Start the new chemo, Carmustine/BiCNU next Tuesday 4/7/09 in NYC @ Sloan Kettering for the treatment, look at the positive, helps keep my climbing weight down. Also no extra memory/brain removal needed at this time either, like I have any of either left.

Cool, no interference of race season, priorities huh?

See you in RI.

Michael

7 comments:

Big Bikes said...

We should see if they'll let us Team Time Trial!

See you down there.

-t

rick is! said...

that's cool to meet and ride with the man.

good luck with the treatment.

Wheels said...

I hope Gary appreciated the fact he was riding with a legend!

craig mello said...

Mike, good talking with you at the TT yesterday. You the man! good luck this week.

Anonymous said...

Good luck today Mike. Kick it's a$$!

Adam Snyder said...

hey Mike I hope things are going well. anyways update your site i wanna hear some race reports, yo gotta keep me updated with the east coast antics.

Raineman said...

Yo Miguel! Got your BB wrench and Gu cap.
Had a excellent time at Michaux.
Keep poking your doc in the eye. See you on the course soon.