Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Still here

Hey everyone,

I apologize for not posting in quite a while, must admit this summer has been boring with all the new chemo I was on.

Amazing how I thought that riding/racing would be no problem, however, finishing an average of 30-40 minutes behind guys I hung with last season made competing not much fun. Stopped racing for a bit and I've just ridden for fun which is pretty awesome! Done a few NEMBA rides along with locals, think my Superfly has gotten more exposure at those big rides than it may get at some race events.

The first round of Carmustine/BiCNU shrank tumor a lot, I was at Sloan again on 8/4/09 and it is growing again so we changed treatment. Back on Temodar just a different way, 80 mg a day for six months as opposed to the 250 a day for 5 days once a month.

Going to add Avastin next month, incredible new drug that shrinks brain tumors and keeps them from growing anymore. I'll be test rat but having seen how well it works and its approval for other tumors it will be great opportunity. Just cannot crash while on it as it thins blood, hate to knock off the tumor only to sh** the bed due to a bad singletrack move (you can laugh, that was a joke).

So any rate, I've felt better since being off the other stuff and will race again this weekend @ the EFTA Treasure Valley Rally. That should be interesting as I have no legs but hope to get them back for cyclocross season.

So that covers it all if I babbled and repeated from last post I apologize.

Take care,

Michael

5 comments:

Big Bikes said...

You're the man Mike,
hope the new stuff gets you feeling better quick, we've missed you out there for sure.

-t

Wheels said...

At least your temporary retirement had more dignity than Favre's! Good to have you back on the dirt.

rick is! said...

glad to see this post. I was concerned that you hadn't posted anything in a while.

mooradian said...

Great to see you at Mt.Snow this year. Maybe we can go to worlds together next year.

Anonymous said...

you're the man mike. have fun out there and best of luck on your treatment....craig (we spoke at the Burlingame TT)